Last updated September 1, 2018
1. Information We Collect About You
We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner, including personal information that may be contained in any comment or other submission you upload or post to the website. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, and e-mail address; and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other Genesis businesses.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website. You may also clear or delete existing cookies from standard internet browsers.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, affiliated companies, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Unless expressly stated otherwise, our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to: (i) deliver the products and services that you have requested; (ii) manage your account and provide you with customer support; (iii) perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content; (iv) communicate with you by e-mail and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or our affiliated companies; (v) develop and display content tailored to your interests on our site; (vi) enforce our terms and conditions and manage our business; and (vii) perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made on our website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
3. With Whom We Share Your Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, and supporting our website functionality.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our Genesis affiliated companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
4. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
5. Children’s Privacy
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
6. No Rights of Third Parties
7. Data Transfer
The Genesis Group is headquartered in Malta and uses computer systems, servers, and databases located in Germany. If you reside outside the Germany, your data will be transferred to, stored in, and processed in Germany and the US. We adhere to the self-regulatory regulatory EU and US Privacy Shield frameworks and comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
9. How to Contact Us
Level 3 (Suite 2234), Tower Business Centre
Tower Street, Swatar; Birkirkara BKR 4013